- How to select between statistical models that aim to explain psychological phenomena?
- To successfully predict new data, it is necessary to make a trade-off between model fit and complexity
- Specific frameworks: Minimum description length and Bayes factors
Modeling response times in MPT models
- Multinomial processing tree (MPT) models only allow to account for discrete responses
- How can this model class be extended to model discrete responses and continuous response times simultaneously?
- What types of decision strategies do people use?
- How is information from memory integrated into decisions